[Beauty] Skincare Routine






This is gonna be my English project, so it's quite unusual compared to my previous posts. If you want to get to the actual Skin Care Routine part, just skip the first 4 paragraphs.



Hello,
Today I am going to do a super simple Skin Care Routine that mostly anyone can follow~


First off, let’s talk about the importance of beauty and how people manage their appearance. There are many ways to boost our confidence. One of them is to enhance our outer appearance. It’s not that inner beauty isn’t important but we’re solely talking about outer appearance today :) Makeup is the first thing that pops up in your mind, right? As a girl who has a great passion about cosmetics, I would have thought the same. Makeup is fun, and it surely can improve your look and create you that flawless looking skin. However, according to Dr. Hauschka Skin Care Inc, “Beautiful skin isn’t always healthy - however healthy skin is always beautiful.” Therefore, makeup is just a temporary way to keep you pretty, but having a clean and healthy skin is definitely a good thing in the long run!
There are surprising facts that you probably haven’t known about your skin. As we go outside, our poor skin is exposed to the sun, wind, dust and so on. Did you know that we accumulate 10% of sun damage with each passing decade? Thus, it is important to apply sunscreen all year around, whether it’s summer or winter. Have you been ever in that phase when your skin has bad breakout and no matter how good you take care of your skin, the acne wouldn’t go away, especially during your awkward puberty years? Worry not because you are not alone! Approximately 90% of all adolescents and 25% of all adults experience acne at some point in their lives. Except for those who are gifted with naturally good skin, how lucky!


Nowadays, especially school has started for the majority of us, we’re getting much busier. Hence, it’s quite hard to find the free time to actually take care of our skin the right way. I feel that way too, like on Wednesdays and Thursdays when I have late class and club meetings, I would go straight to sleep when I get home, after trying my best to at least wipe off my makeup and brush my teeth. Yes I know it’s bad because my skin isn’t properly taken care of. If we’re on the same boat, don’t worry because I have a little gift for y’all~
I’m going to share you a simple yet helpful Skin Care Routine of mine, that would take roughly around 7 minutes. Not too bad isn’t it? Since we take 30 minutes to put on makeup, at least we should reward our skin a good care just for a few minutes anyway :) There will be some terms that will confuse those who are unfamiliar with skin care products; but no worries because I will put a special note for you at the end of the post.
Let’s get started, shall we?



Let’s get to know my skin type a little bit:
My skin is medium beige (even though it’s getting tanner due to sun exposure). And it is normally neither oily nor dry. However, if I don’t use moisturizer in the winter, it get irritated and dry quickly. The biggest problem I’m dealing with is my under eye dark circles! They are not your normal dark circles, they are ..quite dark and hard to cure; concealers have given up on them. Other than that, my skin is quite clear and has a few minor acne scars here and there.


Therefore, the products that I’ll be introducing will suit most skin types that range from oily to dry. However, it is still important to know if you’re allergic to some specific ingredients or scents in order to avoid.


These are the products that I have been using regularly (aka the days I feel motivated),
Yes I’m a fan of The Face Shop brand, and no I’m not doing this with promoting purpose // and the prices are set as they are at the time I post this:



Step 1: Exfoliation



1. The Face Shop White Jewel Peeling: This is not a peeling product like its name. It’s an exfoliating scrub with natural cellulose that scrubs away your dead skin cells.
$5.06 | purchase
How To Use: Apply adequate amount on the face and massage for 1~2 minutes. Wash off with warm water. Use this only once or twice a week because too much of it can irritate your skin!


Step 2: Face Wash


I use both of these products alternatively so you don’t have to use both at the same time. I did a mini review of them here, view it as you please.



2. Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam: Pore cleansing product from Innisfree. It has Jeju volcanic clusters to attach to sebum and purify pores.
$5.86 | purchase



3. The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam: Cleansing foam with Rice Extract that gently moisturizes your skin with its rich, dense foam.
$4.42 | purchase


How To Use: Apply an appropriate amount onto wet hands and work into rich lather. Wash off with lukewarm water after massaging in circular for 1~2 minutes.


A/N: Keep in mind that it’s important to massage your face while cleansing because it helps increase the blood flow which prevents wrinkles and encourages the development of collagen.


Step 3: Toner + Emulsion


4. The Face Shop Olive Essential Toner: Super moisturizing toner that fills up abundant nourishment of olive and moisture deep inside skin.
$6.35 | purchase


5. The Face Shop Essential Emulsion: Moisturizing emulsion that moisture deep inside skin. This product is optional though, I usually skip it.
$13.92 | purchase


How To Use: Dispense an adequate amount and apply evenly to the skin in an outward direction.  
Step 4: Moisturizing




6. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: Intense moisture for long-lasting hydration. Yep! Finally a product you can easily find in any drugstore if you live in the US like me. It moisturizes and helps seal all the products that I previously apply on my skin.
$13.62 | purchase


How To Use: Apply liberally as often as needed. For my case, I apply this product more in the winter since my skin would get dry super quickly.


Extra Option!
Step 5: Masks
I am just showing my favorite masks that I’ve used. You literally can find any kind of masks from different brands and this step is totally optional. I just find masks as my skin care savior, that’s all c:


Referent photos are used because I ran out of my masks



Real Nature Mask Pomegranate: Contains Pomegranate extract rich in vitamin B1 and B2 and minerals.

Real Nature Mask Mung Bean: Contains Mung Bean extract, effective in purifying pores.

Real Nature Mask Red Ginseng: Contains extract of Korean red Ginseng rich in saponin.


How To Use: Place the mask on your face after cleansing and toner stages. After 20 minutes, remove it and let the residue absorbed in the skin. The feeling is definitely refreshing!


$0.64 each | purchase: 1, 2, 3

__________________


Terminology:
Exfoliation: Removal of the dead skin cells
Toner: Liquid/lotion used to cleanse and reduce oil on the skin.
Emulsion: Just another word for moisturizer. Korean people also call it lotion.
Collagen: The substance that holds the whole body together and can be found in many areas in the human body. Skin is one example, in which collagen provides strength and structure for the skin.



That is it for my Skin Care Routine! Hope I made this routine super simple and explained it carefully so that anyone can easily follow. It’s not hard to achieve a dewy and healthy looking skin, right? Some people are fortunate enough to have naturally nice skin but we can do it too if we just put a little effort and determination to take care of our skin daily after long tiring days of work or school. And we will get a wonderful result very soon. Best of luck to y’all!


1 comment:

  1. I wish it wasn't so hard to keep skin clear, but thank goodness for Korean skincare ^^ I'm a big fan of Innisfree products from when I lived on Jeju~ if you haven't tried the facemasks out yet I recommend them, there are so many different kinds to try out!

    I also like to review some Korean skincare and makeup products, if you would like to come and check out my blog feel free! Maybe we could follow each other ^^

    www.emilymarysia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete